Saturday, October 22, 2016

Healthy and Whole Freezer Cooking

A more detailed blog post including pics 's coming very soon, but I wanted to go ahead and make a list here of the meals I'm gonna put together this week to prep for the next 3-4 weeks.  

I've been "monthly cooking" now for several years but I'm noticing that I'm putting on weight and not feeling my best.  I know I feel better (and look better) when we eat more whole, healthy foods.  With that in mind, my usual freezer meals need revamping. 

Cue Pinterest. 

My first step is always to peruse Pinterest and find recipes my entire family will eat.  Thankfully, my children are amazing eaters and don't complain very often (that's one area Adam and I parent really well).

Here is my list of meals I'll prep to make this coming week:

Fajita Chicken
Mongolian Beef (served over rice but I will pair mine with extra veggies)
BLT's using turkey bacon (I'll eat mine in lettuce wraps)
Italian Soup
Turkey Burgers
Chipotle Mock Chicken  (using boneless, skinless thighs)
Burrito Bowls
BBQ chicken
Fish Foil Packets (This will not be a freezer type meal)  
Taco Soup
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Whole Roast Chicken with Veggies
Honey Lime Ginger Pork Tenderloin
Chili 

Here are some FREE Printable Freezer Labels I created so you can simply print them off and tape to your freezer bags as you're making your meals.  



Tomorrow night after church I'll make my grocery list compared to what we already have and grocery shop Monday morning.  Then, I'll spend the rest of Monday prepping and freezing everything.  All of these meals listed should last about a month since I'll be doubling/tripling them. 





No comments: