Thursday, September 22, 2016

Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches

My family LOVES a Saturday morning trip out for breakfast and Erick always asks for one of the fast food places that serves sandwiches.  (Ethan isn't a fan as eggs/cheese make him sick).  I decided it was time to make them in bulk since Adam and I love them, too.  But I needed a recipe that was healthy, quick and easy.

My favorite part about making these is that Adam can warm it up (from freezer, warm for 1 minute) and head off to work.  Erick gets the extra protein he needs and I get to enjoy a fresh breakfast sandwich without worrying about the calorie content.


I used turkey bacon, thinly sliced sharp cheddar, 100 calories muffins, and large eggs.
Each sandwich is 245 calories and tastes AMAZING!



Start by cooking your turkey bacon while the eggs are baking in an extra large muffin tin.  This will give your eggs the perfect shape for muffins.

  

I sprayed the muffin tin and then sprinkled a little salt/pepper on top of the eggs.  

Baked them at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

When they finish, allow them to COMPLETELY cool on a rack before assembling sandwiches.  This will prevent them becoming mushy when re-heating.


Once turkey bacon is finished and completely cooled, off you can begin assembling.


When all of your sandwiches are completed, wrap tightly and securely using clear wrap and then freeze.  They will keep for about 3-4 weeks.  Ours never last that long.


No comments: